Teaching Tips / Activity Overview:
- Post the student handout BLAST that Gene online so that students can access the paper from their mobile devices. This will allow them to copy and paste the sequences faster than having someone dictate the sequence.
- Introduce the activity and have the students do the Pre-Lab section. Review the answers with the class.
- Have students work individually or in small groups to complete the rest of the activity.
- Check the BLAST site before handing out the link to the activity. This site is a dynamic site and is constantly changing so the directions on where to find links and the screen shots may need to be adjusted.
- Have students check with each other before coming to you for direction on where to click next. This will help them find some independence and enable you to help more students.