Teaching Tips / Activity Overview:
- Introduction: How are all these biotechnology & bioinformatics applications actually used in the real world?
- New Material:
- Students will work in pairs to solve an inquiry-based, real-life medical problem through an interactive webquest.
- Students use the MPS Webquest handout, data file, and user guides.
- Minimal teacher instruction is necessary; observation & assistance are key to the success of the students.
- Guidance can be increased or decreased depending on the students and the desired level of inquiry.
- Conclusion: Discuss the how the medical problem was solved & how modern technology has revolutionized medicine.